Apprenticeships - Are You Ready?

The Apprenticeship Levy came into force on 6 April 2017, requiring all UK employers with an annual wage bill over £3 million to invest in apprenticeships.

It is hoped that the introduction of the levy will increase the quantity and quality of Apprenticeships as well as funding three million new Apprenticeships in England by 2020.

SMEs not paying in to the levy can also use this funding to help pay for new apprenticeship training from May 2017. These businesses will normally only have to contribute 10% of the cost of training an apprentice, as the government will pay the remaining 90%.

 

Companies with under 50 employees will have 100% of the training costs covered when employing 16-18 year olds.

Read on to find out more...

Privacy Policy

Contact Us

COPYRIGHT © 2019 the HR patch Limited

Registered in England and Wales No: 11209852.

Registered Office: 25 Morton Close, Frimley, Surrey, GU16 9UY.